Everything You Should Know About LiveXchange 2022
The next LIVEXchange event is taking place from 9-10 November 2022 in Darwin. The biennial conference is a major happening in the Australian livestock export industry. Organised by the Australian Livestock Export Corporation (LiveCorp) and the Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council (ALEC), the theme for LiveXchange 2022 is “From here to there together: strengthening our foundations and creating connections.”
Entegra is the platinum sponsor of the event and our trade display will feature a 3D printed replica of a RidgebackTM shed. The design has a concave roof that increases wind exchange by at least 20 percent – resulting in conditions that are cooler, drier and more comfortable for cattle. Please make sure you call past to see us on our stand (Site 16) and put your details in our draw to win a bottle of Entegra Signature Blend Bundaberg Rum.
- The next LIVEXchange event is taking place from 9-10 November 2022 at the Darwin Convention Centre.
- LIVEXchange 2022 is a joint enterprise between the Australian Livestock Export Corporation (LiveCorp) and the Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council (ALEC).
- This year’s event is hosted by The Northern Territory Livestock Exporters’ Association (NTLEA).
- The conference includes a full program of talks and panels as well as a welcome reception, gala dinner, and charity auction.
This theme covers a wide area of discussion topics, including how the past of the industry has helped to shape the current position. Following on from this, there will be an opportunity to look at the future industry and the factors that will shape it.
These factors include the state of the markets and the values of all industry stakeholders, including customers overseas. They also involve the animal welfare regulations that were introduced a decade ago and have helped to shape the industry since.
Exciting Program for LiveXchange 2022
The Northern Territory Livestock Exporters’ Association (NTLEA) is responsible for hosting LIVEXchange 2022 at the Darwin Convention Centre. There is an exciting program in store for attendees, including a welcome reception, gala dinner, and charity auction, together with a host of talks and panels with participation by experts.
Highlights of the program for LiveXchange 2022 cover both days and include:
Wednesday, 9 November 2022,
- Conference introduction by Don Heatley.
- Welcome talk by LiveCorp Chair Troy Setter.
- Keynote speech “Thoughts on leadership” by Major General Stephen Day.
- An update on biosecurity by Dr Beth Cookson FMD and LSD, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer of Australia.
- Talk about “A pastoralists’ view” by David Connolly, the President of the Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association (NTCA).
Thursday, 10 November 2022
- Discussion about the Australian market and global competition by Angus Gidley-Baird, a senior analyst from Rabobank.
- Talk about sustainability and ESG and what the implications are for the industry by Robyn Leeson, Vice-Chair for the Global Sustainability Standards Board of the Global Reporting Initiative.
- A panel looking at how foundations can be strengthened and connections created, moderated by Prue Bondfield with participants Camille Camp from Kalyeeda Station, Centaine Hussie from Roebuck Export Depot, Ollie Thorne from AUSTREX, and Yudhistira Pratama S from Halleen Australasian Livestock Traders.
The full and engaging program of events on the Wednesday ends with IDEXX pre dinner drinks and the Nutrien Ag Solutions / RTA gala dinner and charity auction. Details of the full program for LiveXchange 2022 can be viewed online where you can also see which speakers will be participating.
Attending LiveXchange 2022
The LiveXchange 2022 conference represents an opportunity to be part of the discussion about the current position of the Australian livestock export industry and its future. Attendees also have the chance to optimise networking opportunities and create new contacts and relationships.
Registration is open online for anyone wanting to sign up. The cost of attending this year’s event is $675 for full registration, $450 for the conference only, and $225 for attending the Gala Dinner.