Everything You Should Know About BeefEx22
From 18 October 2022 to 20 October 2022, BeefEx is back in Queensland. BeefEx is the main national conference for the grain-fed beef industry, and this year’s occurrence is set to attract around 400 delegates.
Attendees are expected to travel from across Australia, and the world, to attend BeefEx22 at the Brisbane Showgrounds. The event is a celebration of the grain-fed industry and its achievements and will attract a range of professionals from across the beef supply chain. Those attending are expected to include feedlot operators, transport and service providers, veterinarians, nutritionists, and those working in related industries to the lot feeding sector.
- From 18 October 2022 to 20 October 2022, BeefEx is back in Queensland.
- BeefEx is the main national conference for the grain-fed beef industry, and this year’s occurrence is set to attract around 400 delegates.
- The Australian Lot Feeders’ Association (ALFA) is the host of this biennial event that is an integral part of the industry calendar.
- For BeefEx in 2022, the ALFA events committee is, as usual, organising top speakers and social events as well as the presentation of the ALFA awards.
About the hosts
The Australian Lot Feeders’ Association (ALFA) is the host of this biennial event that is an integral part of the industry calendar. ALFA is the peak national body that represents the cattle feedlot industry in Australia.
The aim of the organisation is to instil excellence across the industry, improving its performance and its reputation. For BeefEx in 2022, the ALFA events committee is, as usual, organising top speakers and social events. As ever, ALFA is pleased to be involved in the progression of the industry and host the return of such an illustrious event from 18-20 October.
The program for BeefEx22
The speakers that ALFA has invited to this year’s BeefEx include:
- Peter Costello, a former Federal Treasurer
- Andrew Brazier, Global Supply Chain Director for Beef at McDonalds
- TAnna Speer, Managing Director at Greenstock
- Dr. Calvin Booker, General Manager Feedlot Health Management Services by TELUS, based in Canada
- Rob Redenbach, a respected leadership coach
- Michael McQueen, an author and commentator on trends
These industry experts will be participating in an exciting program of events that begins with a Welcome Reception on Tuesday, 18 October, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Other social events at the BeefEx22 grain-fed industry and beef event are the Gala Dinner on Wednesday 19 October, from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., and the Farewell Event on Thursday, 20 October, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Of course, the social aspect is only part of the attraction of BeefEx22. There is also an opportunity for business networking, as well as exploring innovation and achievements in the industry.
With this in mind, highlights of the program for the premier event include:
- Anna Speer discussing “Balancing practicality with consumer sentiment” on Wednesday 19 October at 10:00 a.m.
- Michael McQueen talking about “The New Now” on Wednesday 19 October at 2:00 p.m.
- Melissa George discussing “Research that drives change” on Thursday 20 October at 9:50 a.m.
- The Grain-fed Beef Industry News Hour panel discussion led by MC Gerry Gannon on Thursday 20 October at 11:45 a.m.
The full program for BeefEx22 is available to view online.
Awards Presented at Beef Ex22
In line with the aim of BeefEx22 to recognise excellence in the beef feedlot industry, the ALFA awards for excellence will be presented at the event. These awards are:
- The ALFA Young Lot Feeder of the Year, which recognises emerging talent in the industry and is sponsored by Performance Feeds.
- The ALFA Excellence in Feedlot Education Medal, which is sponsored by Zoetis and recognises individual excellence in the operation of feedlots.
- The ALFA Community Heroes Award, which recognises the work of feedlots in their local communities and is sponsored by Lallemand Animal Nutrition
- The ALFA Award for Innovation which is sponsored by Integrated Animal Production and recognises innovation by companies servicing the feedlot industry.
These awards add the finishing touch to one of the most important events in the grain-fed industry and beef supply industry of Australia calendars.
Anyone wanting to be part of the prestigious BeefEx22 celebration and showcase can register to attend online.