Everything to know about South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo
The Lions Club of Strzelecki is hosting this year’s South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo on 6th and 7th September at Korumburra Showgrounds. The opening hours for the event are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
- The South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo takes place on Wednesday, 6th, and Thursday, 7th September 2023, at Korumburra Showgrounds.
- The event was first held in 2000 and is popular on the farming calendar.
- Things to do at the Expo include the 2023 Gumboot Gift, a discussion panel facilitated by Matt Harms, networking opportunities, and The Udder Truth Show Bag.
- Organisers, The Lions of Strzelecki have distributed more than $600,000 back into community causes as a result of their activities.
What to expect at the event
If you want to know more about what’s on at South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo, here’s a summary of what to expect:
- The 2023 Gumboot Gift gives participants a chance to win part of the $4,000 prize pool. The 120-metre race where participants wear gumboots takes place on Thursday 7th, September at 1:00 p.m.
- This year’s panel discussion at the Gippsland Dairy Farming Expo is facilitated by Matt Harms from ONFARM Consulting. Members of the panel include dairy farmers Mark and Trish Hammond, David and Linda Brumby, Nick Leppin, and Matt Colwill. The panel will discuss the current situation in dairy farming and whether the industry offers long-term financial rewards.
- The DIAA Gippsland Networking Event includes a panel discussion, beverages, and snacks. The event takes place on Wednesday 6th, September at 3:00 p.m. Tickets for the networking are $30 for members and $50 for non-members.
- Some lucky farmers could be a significant amount richer if they win a prize as part of the Udder Truth Show Bag, which is free to enter. The prizes are 1st – $3,000, 2nd – $1,500, and 3rd -$500.
- Kids’ entertainment at the Expo includes face painting and balloon animals.
Attendees at the Expo also can also check out innovation products and services by visiting the various exhibitors. The team at Entegra Signature Structures is delighted to be exhibiting alongside other industry brands such as Ag Farm Machinery, Notman Pasture Seeds, and Sykes Vet International.
We’re also excited to be a Gold Sponsor for the Expo. We feature on the full list of sponsors helping to make the event happen.
The event has been raising money for the community for more than 20 years
The South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo began to feature as part of the dairy Australia landscape in 2000. It acts as a central resource for local dairy farmers. In its early years, the Lions Club of Strzelecki organised event acted as an opportunity for farmers to meet and conduct business quickly and efficiently.
Today, the Expo is still focused on the dairy industry, but it’s a bigger event that stands out on the South Gippsland dairy farming calendar. It provides an opportunity for members to showcase the latest in dairy innovation and technology, and services available to the dairy industry.
The Lions Club of Strzelecki arranges and manages the event with the help of volunteers and the local community. The organisation has distributed around $600,000 amongst local community programmes through its activities. Anyone who wants to know more about this year’s South Gippsland Dairy and Farming Expo organised by the club should get in touch with their event secretary Deanne Kennedy for more information.