Everything You Should Know About AusAgritech
The aim of the Australian Agritech Association (AusAgritech) is to build an agritech sector in Australia and address important issues facing the industry. This sector can create significant value for the country and be recognised across the world. It has the potential to add around $40 billion in value to the Australian economy each year.
One of the most important things to know about AusAgritech is that it’s an inclusive organisation. Its members include farmers, regulators, researchers, and interested members of the public. The work of AusAgritech and its members includes promoting sector growth, attracting talent, and showcasing the sector globally.
- The aim of the Australian Agritech Association (AusAgritech) is to build an Australian agritech sector in Australia.
- AusAgritech is an inclusive organisation with members such as farmers, regulators, industry bodies, and researchers from the agritech ecosystem.
- AusAgritech works with international organisations to ensure a green and profitable future for agriculture.
- There are AusAgritech membership options for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
The work of AusAgritech
The potential for agritech in Australia is vast. The sector applies technology across the agriculture supply chain. Areas covered include water supply, climate considerations, and emissions reduction.
AusAgritech is at the forefront of this work. The organisation drives the use of technology that promotes a clean and efficient future for agriculture in Australia. This technology also helps to sustain the country’s reputation as a leading agriculture exporter. In addition, it’s essential to the scaling of agriculture enterprises.
Goals of AusAgritech
AusAgritech has several recognised goals in the agritech sector. These goals are:
- Grow connections between interested parties in the sector, including investors, farmers, researchers, and regulators.
- Promote new agritech opportunities, including promoting the sector internationally.
- Encourage the use of technology in agriculture and maximise its impact by promoting the development of innovative technologies.
- Ensure that Australian agritech collaborates internationally.
- Attract talent to agritech in order to bring a profitable and green future to agriculture.
Becoming a member of AusAgritech
Membership of AusAgritech allows businesses and individuals to be heard on important issues. There are AusAgritech membership options for individuals and startups through to large businesses.
Fees for membership are tiered depending on the size of the organisation involved and joining the organisation helps grow a business. The tier for larger businesses allows more people to be involved and have a seat at the table.
Any individual or business wanting to become a member should be aware of the relevant terms and conditions. They should also know the different membership choices available, which are as follows:
- Tier 1 – costs $15,000 per year for large organisations with 500+ employees.
- Tier 2 – costs $7,500 per year for organisations with 150-500 employees.
- Tier 3 – costs $3,500 per year for SMEs with 10-150 employees.
- Tier 4 – costs $195 per year for small businesses/start-ups with fewer than 10 employees.
- Tier 5 – costs $95 per year for individuals and sole operators.
- Tier 6 – costs $45 per year for students.
Depending on which tier is chosen, features of membership include:
- Options to host initiatives and programs
- Opportunities to speak on event panels
- The chance to participate in VIP networking
- Voice heard on important industry matters
- Free tickets and/or discounts for events
- Access to content across different communication channels
- Business logo featured on the AusAgritech members’ directory
- Chance to vote at the AGM
- Opportunities to nominate members of working groups
New committee leading the way forward
Members of AusAgritech have chosen the new committee for 2022-2023. This committee includes members from across the agritech world. Members’ backgrounds include leadership, governance, engagement with government, and advisory roles. This range of experience allows the committee to ensure AusAgritech’s work is as effective as possible.
This team of experts will allow AusAgritech to continue leading the use and growth of technology in Australian agriculture. The organisation will also continue working with international organisations shaping the future for agriculture globally.