What to Expect at Hort Connections 2022
Hort Connections 2022 takes place at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 6 to 8 June. The theme for this year’s leading horticulture event is “Growing Together” with an emphasis on how vital it is for the industry to work as one.
This is an especially important message right now given the need to build a resilient system to feed people at home and abroad.
There is much excitement in the horticulture industry around Hort Connections 2022 which follows on from the 2021 event that was successful despite being affected by Covid-19 restrictions. AUSVEG and the International Fresh Produce Association A-NZ look forward to welcoming attendees to a celebration of the entire industry across the vegetable, fruit, and floral sectors. Entegra will be represented at the event but will not have a booth this year. If you’re interested in sheds, please call 1300 296 206 and we can schedule a meetup.
- Hort Connections 2022 takes place at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 6 to 8 June
- The theme for this year’s horticulture event is “Growing Together” with an emphasis on how vital it is for the industry to work as one
- The program for Hort Connections 2022 will highlight developments and possibilities that will be central to shaping the industry in the coming years. This will include technological, sustainable, and financial solutions
- The Trade Show is improved for this year’s event and there is an array of top speakers attending
- Call 1300 296 206 if you would like to meet an Entegra representative at the event
What to expect from Hort Connections 2022
The program for Hort Connections 2022 conference and trade show will highlight the latest industry developments and possibilities that will be central to shaping the industry in the coming years. This will include technological, sustainable, and financial solutions.
The event is for everyone involved with the industry from new industry members to those wishing to enhance or expand their current operations.
The welcome reception for Hort Connections 2022 takes place on Monday 6 June at 4:30 pm. Once the opening celebrations are complete, there is a whole range of trade show content and leading speakers for attendees to check out.
The National Awards for Excellence
The Hort Connections 2022 Gala Dinner that will be held on Wednesday 8 June from 7 pm is one of the highlights of the event. The National Awards for Excellence will be presented at this dinner. The awards recognise the achievements of individuals and companies in the industry.
The awards are:
- Syngenta Grower of the Year
- Moya Marketer of the Year Award
- UPL Tech Innovation Award
- Corteva Agriscience Young Grower of the Year
- Bayer Researcher of the Year
- Visy Industry Impact Award
- Boomaroo Nurseries Women in Horticulture
- E.E. Muir & Sons Community Stewardship Award
- Butler Market Gardens Environmental & Sustainability Award
- Hort Innovation Exporter of the Year
Farm Tours at Hort Connections
The farm tours are returning for this year’s event. These off-site tours are taking place before the Welcome Reception. They include a visit to the Brisbane Markets and leading farming operations. The two farm tours are the Northern Farm Tour and Western Farm Tour.
Overall, the range of opportunities at this year’s event is impressive. There will also be numerous networking opportunities throughout the entire period of Hort Connections 2022.
You can find more information about what to expect in the event program.
The Hort Connections 2022 Trade Show
Australia’s Fresh Produce Markets (a collaboration between Fresh Markets Australia (FMA) and the Central Markets Association of Australia (CMAA)) is the sponsor for the trade show at Hort Connections 2022.
Support from the sponsors means that the show benefits from improvements on previous years. These improvements include an extension of trade show time and a revised floor plan that enables improved interaction and networking opportunities.
The extended hours for the trade show this time out are:
- Monday – 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- “Trade Day” Tuesday – 9 am – 6 pm
- Wednesday – 8 am – 3:30 pm
It’s not just the trade show offering at this event for the horticulture industry in Australia and New Zealand that is impressive. There is also an array of expert speakers this year. Presentations include a diversity and inclusion session and Women in Horticulture sessions.
Speakers on a variety of topics this year include:
- Jane Bunn resident meteorologist at Channel 7 Melbourne speaking about how to take advantage of the weather to create opportunities in farming.
- Social commentator Bernard Salt and Mulgowie Farming Company National Sales Manager Shane Quinn discussing how farmers will be central bankers during the 21st century.
- Vinomofo Co-founder Justin Dry sharing insights about building a business at the Perfection Fresh Breakfast.
Individuals and organisations can register to attend Hort Connections 2022 online and more information about the event program and access passes is available on the website, by calling +61 3 9882 0277 or by sending an email to [email protected].