Everything You Should Know About the 2022 Australian Cotton Conference
The next Australian Cotton Conference will be held at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre from 16-18 August 2022. The conference is aimed at industry stakeholders including experienced farmers, agronomists and researchers, and customers.
The biennial event is hosted by Cotton Australia and the Australian Cotton Shippers Association and is expected to attract over 1,500 attendees.
- The next Australian Cotton Conference takes place at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre from 16-18 August 2022.
- There is a full program of events, talks, sessions, and panels at the conference.
- The event is aimed at industry stakeholders including farmers, researchers, and customers.
- More than 100 exhibitors and 1,500 delegates are expected to attend this year’s event.
Events at the Australian Cotton Conference 2022
The series of events at this year’s conference is impressive. They include the “First Timers Welcome” that takes place on Tuesday 16 August at 5:30 p.m. The venue for this event is Foyer F upstairs at the venue. This is the perfect opportunity for first time attendees to meet fellow delegates and network.
Other events taking place during the conference include:
- “John Deere Cotton Club” in the Trade Hall that takes place each day of the conference.
- “Australia by Design Fashion Event” taking place on 17 August at 1:30 p.m. in the Trade Hall.
- “Next Gen in Cotton Bacon & Berocca Breakfast” for under 35s which is happening in Foyer E from 7 a.m. on 17 August.
- “ANZ Wincott health & fitness for rural lifestyles workshop” taking place in Room 4 on 17 August.
- “Women in Cotton Annual General Meeting” which is happening in Foyer E at 10:30 a.m. on 18 August.
The final event of the 2022 Australian Cotton Conference is the Australian Cotton Industry Awards Dinner. This event is expected to attract over 1,000 people. It takes place on Thursday 18 August at 6:15 p.m. for 6:45 p.m. in halls 3/4.
Comprehensive Program for the Event
As well as the set list of events at this year’s conference, there is also a comprehensive program of talks, panels and sessions taking place. They include highlights such as:
- “The dirt on soil” at 2 p.m. on 16 August in Room 1A.
- “Technology for future farming” on 17 August at 9 a.m. in room 1B.
- “The beating heart of our communities” at 2 p.m. on 17 August in room 1A.
- “Behind the swingtag – what’s driving brands?” on 18 August at 9 a.m.
- “Under the microscope what’s next for cotton varieties? “ on 18 August at 11:15 a.m.
For details of the full program at the convention take a look at the website.
Exhibitors from the Cotton Industry and Beyond
The team from Entegra Signature Structures is thrilled to be exhibiting at the 2022 Australian Cotton Conference. We will be joined by professionals from throughout the cotton industry and beyond.
More than 100 companies will be exhibiting at the event in a selection of areas including insurance, tech solutions, machinery, equipment, regulators, crop protection, and yield improvement.
Special Program for Younger Attendees
Anyone attending the 2022 conference can enrol their children in the Namoi Cotton Kids Club. It features a mix of engaging outdoor and indoor activities for children aged 2 – 12 years. Children aged younger than two can participate free of charge if they have an adult with them.
Activities at the club include face painting, dress ups, bubble machine, story telling, gift making, watching DVDs, and colouring-in.
The Namoi Cotton Kids Club is staffed by people from Heaven Sent all of whom are Blue Card accredited. The opening hours are:
16 August: 9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
17 August 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
18 August 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information about this or attending this year’s event use the contact page on the event’s website.